If you're choosing to elope, chances are you're already wanting to get married in a nontraditional way! So why not personalize your day and truly make it feel unique to who you two are as a couple? There are endless ways to add your own personal touch - from documenting everyday moments hanging out in a cabin in the woods, to picnicking with your favorite foods, to keeping morning traditions of doing crosswords or playing Wordle. Check out these 30 creative ways to make your intimate wedding day special!
1. Take Polaroids the day before your wedding and include them in your details.
2. Transcribe your vows the day of.
3. Channel spa vibes in the morning.
4. Get ready in a fancy robe.
5. Spend the day documenting everyday moments together.
6. Include personal details - cufflinks from a friend, a guitar from a trip together, grandmother's trinket box.
7. Do a favorite activity or tradition together.
8. Take time to just explore your surroundings and take it all in.
9. Don't be afraid to get in the water.
10. Incorporate love letters or mementos from your story.
11. Commemorate your day with themed camping mugs.
12. Pop a bottle of champagne.
13. Get personalized jackets to keep warm (or make your own!)
14. Cook a favorite meal together.
15. Bring your favorite comfort food for a picnic on the beach.
16. Get a cake for your fur babies too!
17. Grab a beer at the local taphouse.
18. Ask your loved ones to write letters to you and read them on your wedding day.
19. Play your favorite music and have an epic dance party.
20. Adventure on the rocks and dodge the waves.
21. Include your fur babies into your elopement - or if they can't make it, include them in your details.
22. Drive a classic car (or your own car!)
23. Enjoy a few quiet moments sitting by a fire.
24. Change into a second outfit.
25. Adventure after dark with lanterns.
26. Incorporate cultural traditions.
27. Announce other exciting news!
28. Include your kids in your elopement.
29. Picnic on the beach with all your guests.
30. Plan a fun way to include your guests right after the ceremony to make the most of the just married energy!